A shared approach to ensure that every young adult has the chance to pursue his or her ambitions.
The employer coalition recognizes that solving complex social challenges requires employers to work together with community employment agencies and governments. The shared vision is to ensure that every young adult has the chance to join the workforce, pursue their ambitions, and improve our shared future.
Opportunity For All Youth will make it easier for employers to learn from one another, share best practices, and accelerate what’s working. It will allow for employers to work with employment innovators, community employment agencies and governments to drive systems change and improve pre- and post-employment training programs for youth and employers.
To be more specific, our approach will be as follows:
- We will help to build and scale hiring events in partnership with community employment agencies across Canada.
- We will establish a community of learning within the employer coalition.
- We will establish a job laddering and intra-coalition career development path for the youth that we hire.
- We will measure and track our impact.
- We will, in partnership with community employment agencies, improve pre-and post-hire training and supports offered to youth.
- We will advocate for system change when the need to do so becomes clear.
“The Opportunity For All Youth coalition recognizes that corporations play a unique role in helping tackle this societal challenge, and that they must work together with community organizations and governments to achieve maximum social impact. We want to ensure that every young adult has the chance to join the workforce, pursue their ambitions, and improve our shared future.”
— Richard Derham, Lead Executive, Opportunity For All Youth