Accor – Employer Description
Culture and Values
How do you describe what your company does to a new or potential employee?
Our recruitment process may look impressive but we really want to choose the good person for the good role and ensure a new colleague will be able to enhance his ability and develop himself in his responsibilities. Once the candidate become an employee, we invest many hours of training in order to help to colleague to feel welcome and comfortable within his new team and responsibility.
What are some of your company’s key values?
- Guest passion: Hospitality is our trade, pleasing people is what drives us. Our guests are the drivers of our decisions, of our actions. We put them first, we care for them and we go the extra mile for them.
- Respect: We are connected with the world, and to others. We enjoy the mixt of cultures and we are proud of our differences.
- Trust: We believe in natural kindness.
- Innovation: We heard it was impossible but together we did it.
- Spirit of conquest: Our guest are globetrotters and so we are.
- Sustainable performance: We stand for creating value, for as many as possible, over the long term.
How would you describe your culture?
We really want to provide a people first culture. It is important for us to treat our employees as we would treat our guest. If we take good care of our colleagues, our colleagues will truly take care of our guests.
What might a career path look like at your company? Is there opportunity to grow?
All colleagues have the opportunity to show interest in open vacancy and we give priority to them. Lot of our colleagues has started in back stage role and were promoted to front of the house opportunity shortly, even management roles. If a colleague show interest and is motivated it will be easy for him to be noticed and recognized.
What type of people are successful at your company? What does it take to get promoted?
A great employee need to be passion about taking care of others people. He need to be friendly but also professional in all kind of roles. It is also important to be team players and to accept to work with others properly and efficiently in order to improve the guest experience every day.