Cintas – Culture and Values
The Cintas Culture
Since 1929, when “Doc” Farmer began his family business, a key to our success has been a culture that encourages meaningful, respectful relationships between the company and our employee-partners and the commitment to always do what’s right. This spirit of teamwork, camaraderie and trust has become our most important competitive advantage and is a cornerstone of the Cintas culture.
The Cintas culture is the difference maker
Our culture at Cintas is just as essential as our products and services. In fact, it makes all the difference — impacting the quality of the employees we hire, the way we communicate and interact with our customers and each other, and our world-class performance standards.
Our culture is the cornerstone representing our values, our behaviors, our way of working and how we approach our business…strong relationships and a dedication to taking care of one another and our customers.
We’re also dedicated to enriching the professional development of our employee-partners … providing ongoing training and creating an environment that helps them leverage their strengths and develop their talents. Our employees enjoy both vertical and lateral moves, and we always encourage them to go as far as their ambition takes them.
Of course, we also offer an array of valuable benefits to help protect our partners’ well-being and give them peace of mind about their financial future — including competitive pay, plenty of career advancement opportunities, great health benefits, supportive health and wellness programs, and attractive retirement.
Three Elements of the Cintas Culture
- Our Principle Objective
We will exceed our customers’ expectations to maximize our long-term value for our shareholders and working partners.
- Our Corporate Character
We are professional, with high ethical and moral values. We also attend to every detail with competitive urgency, and we’re driven by a sense of positive discontent
- Our Management System
We’re guided by a dynamic management system, with policies and procedures that help ensure reliability and operational consistency.
Cintas Key Values
At Cintas, we don’t refer to each other as employees or colleagues. Here, we call each other “partners.” The word “partner” describes the mutual trust and respect we have for each other and the values and culture responsible for our accomplishments.
At Cintas we have given a lot of thought to the Corporate Character we want to exhibit. This character includes:
- Honesty and integrity in everything we do.
- We have high ethical and moral values.
- We are thorough. If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right and it deserves 100% of our attention.
- We have a Spartan attitude about our business. We look at every cost very carefully and ask ourselves “If I were buying this with my money, would I spend it on this?”
- We do what is right, not what is expedient. We do not take short-term gains at the expense of long-term values. Instead we focus on what is the right thing to do.
- We are humble and respect all partners. Everyone at Cintas is making a vital contribution to our success. We recognize the potential in every human being and are careful to involve everyone. We want each partner to be a confident, contributing member of the team.
- We look professional. We have a dress code at all our facilities and believe outward appearances say a lot about us and the company.
- We are courteous. Nice people attract nice people and courtesy is contagious.
- We are enthusiastic! Positive attitudes and optimism are a must in a fast-paced environment like ours. A positive outlook goes a long way.
At Cintas, we also say, “the spirit is the difference.” That spirit comes with being a Cintas partner.